Fascinating Facts About Rose Fragrance
Flowers are one of mother nature’s most beautiful creations. For centuries, the rose has been idolized as objects of beauty by nearly every civilization in the world. Rose flower is the symbol of love. Rose is one of the best known and most favorite plants in the world. Majority of them are native to Asia, while others originate from Europe, North America and Africa. Exotic fragrance of rose attract everybody towards rose. Do you know that Juliet rose is the most expensive rose in the world, the cost of this rose is $ 5. There are many more fascinating facts about rose fragrance which are as follows.
1) Once a rose is fully open, the fragrance is different from the rose in bud. The chemicals that create the scent change as the buds unfold. Warm, humid weather intensifies rose fragrance.
2) There are over 15,000 different species of rose which are cultivated in different colors all over the world. In Zambia over 80% of cultivated land is dominated with rose cultivation. Roses comprise 95% of all Zambia’s flower exports.
3) Rose flower come in different colors. These different color express the different feelings. Red Rose expresses love. White Rose is the sign of innocence, purity, and spirituality. Yellow Rose indicates evoking joy and warmth. Pink Rose convey joy, gratitude, admiration, and sweetness. Orange Rose is used to expressing pride and intense desire towards someone. Blue Rose says I am constantly thinking about you. Lavender Rose expresses love at first sight. Black Rose conveys death or end of a relationship.
4) Rose is the royal flower of Roman culture. Rose plays an important role in the life of Romans and Egyptians. Romans would use them as room decorations or wear them on the string around their neck. For roman women, the jewelry is made up of rose flower.
5) The flowers of most species of rose including wild roses have 5 petals except for the species ‘Rosa sericea’ which has only 4. The Rosa Sericea is native to the Himalayas. This breed of rose was introduced to Europe only in the 19th century. This breed was very popular at that time.
6) Do you know that Napoleon used to gift his officers with bags containing rose petals in order to boil them with white wine so that they could cure themselves of lead poisoning of the bullet or shot wounds?
7) Rose perfume is at its most intense early in the morning. It’s thought that the scent dissipates as the blooms age.
8) Once a rose is fully open, the fragrance is different from the rose in the bud. The chemicals that create the scent change as the buds unfold. Warm, humid weather intensifies fragrance. Rose perfume is at its most intense early in the morning. It’s thought that the scent dissipates as the blooms age.